How it Works
If you are interested in earning your Class A CDL and live within the Salt Lake City hiring area, you can apply for our CDL training program. Once you are accepted and officially enrolled, you'll arrive at our Academy facility on Monday and:
- Attend Swift Academy classes, which take three weeks to complete (including passing your Class A CDL road exams).
- Apply to become a Dry Van or Reefer driver (once you've received your Class A CDL license).
- Upon graduation from the Swift Academy, you can then meet your mentor and begin your over-the-road training.
- Release to solo and begin your driving career.
For additional information, or to apply, call a Swift recruiter at 866-437-3050.
The Salt Lake City Difference
At Swift, our facility in Utah is home to experienced, knowledgeable instructors with more than 142 years of combined experience. Not only that, but they're patient, and can help you learn the skills you'll need to be a safe, competent driver.
In addition, during Academy, you'll meet some incredible instructors and students who will become lifelong friends – and you'll train on some of the best equipment available. All of our on-the-range and over-the-road training is conducted using a top-of-the-line fleet from Freightliner that's less than five years old1.
About The Salt Lake City Terminal
Set on 49 acres, the Salt Lake City Terminal is conveniently located near Ogden and Provo. It functions as both a Terminal and an Academy – giving students and professional drivers a great place to meet other drivers, connect with people who care about their success, a place to take care of themselves and their equipment, and experience what it's like to be part of the Swift family.
Currently, the SLC Terminal features a:
- Full-service body shop
- Parts supply
- Service shop
- Full-scale fuel center
- Free washers & dryers
- Health clinic
- Gym & basketball court (where you'll always find a friendly pickup game)
- Restaurant (Three Amigos)
The SLC Terminal is managed by Terminal Leader Terrence Ellis and Fleet Leader Jennifer Cardova. It's located at 5175 W. 2100 S. West Valley, and is open daily from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Currently, we provide services for Dry Van and Refrigerated freight and we offer local and Express routes for drivers. For additional information, call 1-800-777-9100.