AT SWIFT, OWNER OPERATORS ARE A VITAL PART OF OUR SUCCESS AS AN ORGANIZATION.
We treat our Owner Operators with respect and provide the tools to their success.
On the road, Swift maintains clean, full-service terminals throughout the country. These locations serve as your home away from home. For your convenience and to improve your profitibility, Swift also provides discounted labor, parts and tires at all company shops and outside shops.
To join Swift as an Owner Operator, you must meet the below requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Truck must be 2011 or newer
- Your tractor must pass a DOT 1 level inspection no more than 30 days prior to application
- 3-axle with sleeper and sliding fifth wheel, and preferably low-profile tires. Maximum (WB 265) wheelbase; maximum weight- 22,000 lbs. with fuel
- Physical damage insurance—available at 3.45% per $1,000.00 of truck value.
- Non-trucking liability insurance—available through Mohave at $5.77 per week.
- Occupational Accident per Hazard insurance—available at $34.62 or $48.00 per week.
- Insurance is available through our preferred vendor or you have the option of using your own insurance. Your insurance policy must comply with our contract requirements.